Pullets start to produce eggs between 18 and 20 weeks of age depending upon environmental conditions and the quality of rearing, feeding, lighting programme etc.

Common production characteristics of DOMINANT CZ layers

Body weight of brown egg shell programmes at 18 week of layers is between 1.4 and 1.6 kg and the body weight of cockerels is between 1.9 and 2.1 kg. Body weight of one year old layers is between 2.0 and 2.5 kg and that of cockerels between 2.7 and 3.3 kg.

Body weight of white leghorns programme at 18 week of layers is between 1.2 and 1.4 kg and the body weight of cockerels is between 1.7 and 1.9 kg. Body weight of one year old layers is between 1.8 and 2.0 kg and that of cockerels between 2.2 and 2.5 kg.

Egg production is evaluated at the independent International Testing Station in Ustrasice in Czech Republic up to74 weeks of age in three different tests in classical cages and in four programmes. Typically 307 to 318 eggs weighing between 57.6 and 61.3 g are produced. Feed consumption is 140 to 148 g per egg and body weight at 74 weeks of age between 2.0 and 2.4 kg.

Interaction of Genotype and Environment

It is important for our selection and business philosophy to accept principle given from common formula described productivity results as phenotype ( P ), which it is the sum of genotype ( G ) plus environment ( E ) plus genotype and environment interaction ( I (GE) ) P = G + E + I (GE).

Genotype for egg production is about 40 %. The other 60 % of final egg production depends on environmental conditions and interaction of genotype and environment (nutrition, temperature, lighting period in house or in nature, health conditions and vaccination record, technological systems in rearing and egg production, environmental conditions etc.

DOMINANT CZ is offering for its partners original layer programmes that are highly adaptable, flexible and robust for a whole host of environmental conditions.

Common recommendations for our Layers programmes

Customers are encouraged to use their own experience to adapt our common management guides to their own situations. Dominant CZ layers can be reared and produced in sub-optimal or rural conditions as long as feed quality is consistent. This is because sudden changes can induce physiological stresses which progress into many problems including reduced egg production, health problems and cannibalism.

Common recommendations for our Layers programmes can be found in enclosed booklets in .pdf format:

PDF-icon-32 DOMINANT CZ Common Management Guide Final Hybrids (pdf)

PDF-icon-32 DOMINANT CZ Common Management Guide Parent Stock (pdf)

Management guide for rearing and production of white egg shell layers programme D 229 can be found in a next .pdf format:

PDF-icon-32 DOMINANT LEGHORN D 229 Common Management Guide Final Hybrid (pdf)

PDF-icon-32 DOMINANT LEGHORN D 229 Common Management Guide Parent Stock (pdf)